Editor or Senior Editor
Location: Wave Head Office, Amersham
Position: Full-time, flexible working options
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with experience
Are you an experienced editor looking for a new challenge?
Wave are looking for an Editor or Senior Editor to provide impeccable proofreading, editing and compliance services for their medical education materials (slides, videos, newsletters, meeting materials, infographics, posters, websites etc).
Additional responsibilities would include mentoring Editorial Assistants and actively participating in the continued development of the editorial team as a whole (implementing processes and 'best practice' SOPs across account teams).
You will work on a range of materials and programmes that are clinically relevant and will ultimately improve patient outcomes. Wave works for some of the largest pharma companies in the world, across a wide range of therapy areas. You will join one of our three business units, working closely with the programme management teams and medical writers. You will also be part of a cross-company editorial team that meets regularly to share ideas, undertake training and learn from each other.
What will you bring?
- Life Science degree, ideally along with a higher degree
- Healthcare communications experience
- Solid experience using Veeva
- Good working knowledge of the ABPI code
- Excellent proofreading skills (grammar/punctuation)
- Highly skilled in editing copy to improve flow and clarity
- Proficient in PowerPoint (formatting/graphs/animations etc)
- Able to edit documents to follow different client styles
- Strong referencing skills (performing reference searches and fact checks)
- Strong written communication skills
- Comfortable liaising directly with clients and HCPs when necessary
- Strong analytical skills (working with data sets/statistics etc)
- Experience mentoring junior team members desirable
Benefits of working at Wave:
- Competitive salary with bonus scheme
- Pension, private healthcare, holiday flexibility and more
- All flexible working options considered
- Our commitment to your career development